Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Delayed

Sorry for the lack of posts in the past while. I've been distracted with life down here and much of it isn't particularly interesting, even for me. I'm just going to post up some pictures this week, with the hopes of more words coming next.


Spelling Bee last week. This was the elimination round for the school, from which two students went on to this week, for the District Finals. I was a judge last week and will again be one tomorrow.


Good graffiti.


Even better graffiti on my library door.


Dawn. I've been getting up at 5am every day to do some writing (obviously not blog writing, sorry), and get to see the quiet of the morning.


More morning light.


Today was the 100th day of school, so the younger students made posters in which the days were represented by pictures, stamps, bottle caps, candy.


Some of the kids hanging out.


Lee, the Brit, and I did some more painting in our basement. Here's my recent addition.


And Lee's.


This is by far the strangest reason I've had to close the library: Killer Bees. These were uncovered last week, so I had to close the library for two days because kids were getting stung. Apparently an elderly lady got killed by bees a few years ago on the school grounds, so the school is taking it seriously. And yes, they are legitimately Africanized Killer Bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment